|1. What is Web Check-in?
A. This is a facility through which passengers having confirmed booking in an AI flights could check-in for the flight through AI web site. Currently the web check in facility is not available for Sharjah, Muscat, Dubai, Paris and Seoul.
2. Who can avail this facility?
A. Any paid passenger holding a confirmed ticket for any Air India flight in any class of booking can avail this facility.
3. What all should I have to avail this facility?
A. You must have a PC/Laptop with web connectivity and a Printer to avail this facility.
4. Do I need to register myself, like in case of Web booking for availing this facility?
A. There is no necessity to register for availing this facility. Any passenger holding a confirmed booking with e-ticket can log onto Air India website and carry out web check-in.
5. How do I Check-in Through Web?
A. Visit Air India website www.airindia.in Select the Web-Check-In option under Manage Your Trip heading. Provide requisite information as required and follow the process flow.
6. What is the time window in which I can avail web check-in facility for a flight?
A. The web check-in facility would be available starting 24hrs in advance and upto 2hrs before a flight departure time.
7. Can the entire family booked in single PNR be checked in together?/How many passengers can be checked-in simultaneously?
A. A maximum of four passengers can be checked in simultaneously.
8. Can infants also be checked in?
A. The infant booked in the PNR can be checked-in along with associated adult in the booking.
9. Can passengers having special request such as wheel chairs, Un-accompanied minors etc can be web checked-in?
A. Passengers with special requests like wheel chair, unaccompanied minors etc cannot make use of this facility. Only passengers having confirmed booking without any special service requirement can avail this facility.
10. Would I be able to get a seat of my choice?
A. Yes. While you follow the interactive process flow, you will be shown the seat map and you may choose any of the available seats.
11. Will I be issued with a boarding pass ?
A. Passengers travelling on Domestic sectors only would be able issued a Boarding Pass. Passengers travelling on international sectors would be issued with a confirmation slip, which needs to be presented at the dedicated counter at the airport at the time of completing the check-in formalities.
12. Why a Confirmation slip is issued to passengers on international flights?
A. Passengers travelling on international flights need to get their travel documents etc. verified by the airline staff. As such these passengers are issued with a confirmation slip at the time of web check-in and the confirmation slip contains the passenger name, flight number etc along with the seat number allocated.
13. Do I have to exchange the confirmation slip with a boarding pass at the airport?
A. Yes, passengers on international flights holding confirmation slip need to contact the airline staff at the dedicated counter to complete other check-in formalities and also for obtaining the boarding pass in exchange of the confirmation slip.
14. Can I print my my Boarding Pass or confirmation slip?
A. Yes you can print.
1) In case you are travelling on Domestic sectors within India, on successful completion of web check-in you will get a “Print Boarding Pass” prompt. By clicking the same you can get your Boarding Pass printed on the local printer attached to your PC.
2) In case you are travelling on International sector, on successful completion of web check-in you will get a “Print Boarding Pass” prompt. By clicking the same you can get your Confirmation Slip printed.
15. How do I check-in my registered baggage?
A. Dedicated Baggage Drop Counters are available to complete all the check-in formalities. These counters close 40 minutes (in case of Domestic sectors) and 60 Minutes (in case of International sectors) before departure. You are required to reach the counter well in time to complete your check-in formalities.
16. Will I be able to de-check-in in case I decide not to travel?
A. De-check-in can be done only at the respective Airport by the airline staff. For any assistance you may contact the call centre.
17. Will I be able enter the airport using the Web check-in Boarding Pass?
A. The rules for entry to the airports are governed by other Government Agencies. As per the existing norms and regulations, passengers are required to carry a photo ID card and copy of E-ticket/Boarding Pass to enter the airport.