Home > Travel Information > Before you fly > Travel Requirements
Security control of departing passengers holding E-ticket/Web or Kiosk Check-in Boarding Pass at Indian Airports
- Passengers with confirmed e-tickets or web boarding pass shall be allowed access into the departure terminal only after the authenticity of e-ticket or web boarding pass and genuineness of its holder is established at the access control point of the terminal building. For this purpose passengers concerned shall produce a valid photo identity document (passport in case of International passengers) before being allowed to enter the Terminal building.
- Passengers shall be responsible to carry reliable identity proof with them throughout the journey for checking at any point of time. The instructions to passengers shall be printed prominently on the e -tickets regarding proof of identity.
2. Web/Kiosk – Self check-in Boarding Pass:
- Web or kiosk boarding Pass shall have all the features like present boarding pass in vogue to avoid any confusion during check by the ASG/APSU. 2D Bar Code on the web or kiosk check-in boarding pass shall be mandatory to prevent duplication/forgery.
3. Boarding an aircraft:
- Passengers with kiosk generated boarding cards will not be required to report to the airlines check in counter and may proceed directly for security check if they have no hold baggage.
- No passenger shall be allowed by the aircraft operator concerned to board the aircraft unless bonafide of the passenger holding web or kiosk check-in boarding pass is established through valid photo identity documents at the boarding gate. Aircraft operators shall incorporate this requirement in their security programme. In case of any dereliction or violation, strict departmental action shall automatically be taken against the staff by the aircraft operator concerned, in addition to legal action required.
- Aircraft operators concerned shall devise means to prevent any alteration or unauthorized duplicity of the booked e-tickets, web/kiosk check- in boarding pass.
- Person or passenger detected with forgery of travel documents shall be handed over to police for legal action.
- Kiosk check in boarding pass shall bear water marks (name of airport) on it.
5. Training Requirement:
- Training to all the staff concerned for implementation of the above mentioned procedure shall be organized by the airport operators in coordination with CISF/ASG,APSU and airlines.
6. Coming into Force:
- This AVSEC Order shall supersede all previous circulars/orders on this subject and shall be implemented by all concerned, violation of which shall attract penalty under section 11A of the Aircraft Act, 1934.