Domestic Airport Upgrades - Get Upfront offer
Here is a chance for everyone to fly Business class on Air India domestic routes!
The luxury of sitting in the front cabin at an extremely affordable price is possible, every time one boards a flight when flying to a domestic destination on an aircraft that offers Business Class Service.
The salient features of the Domestic Upgrade scheme are listed below:
- 'Get Up Front' offer has two payment slabs - Rs.4500 for distances up to 750 Km and Rs.6000 for higher distances to avail the upgrade. This is inclusive of Service Tax and Swachh Bharat Cess.
- Since Infant is not provided any seat in the aircraft, NIL amount to be collected from the Infant.
- The upgrade at the airport is subject to availability of Business class seats and on First Come First Served Basis with physical presence of the passenger at the check-in counter.
- The upgrade is offered till an hour before the departure of a flight.Effective 8th of April 2016, Passengers with paid tickets, issued in any Revenue Economy Class ( E, S, T, U, L, G, W, V, Q, K, H, M, B and Y Only) are eligible to avail 'Get Up Front'
- Passengers availing airport upgrade scheme will be permitted economy class baggage allowance.
- No advance vouchers, in any form, can be purchased either from the city office or agency.
- Lounge facility is extended to passengers availing this offer.
- FFP ticket holders can avail this offer.FFP point accrual is based on the original ticket.
- The offer is valid till further notice and subject to availability of Business Class.
Now, enjoy, at a very nominal cost, the privileges of Business class travel like, roomier seats, in-flight pampering, exclusivity and status. They all beckon you.......
Upgrade Scheme for Gallantry Award Winners at Boarding Gate
Name of Scheme: Upgrade Scheme for Gallantry Award Winners.
Validity: effective 4th June 2016 upto 31st March 2017
Gallantry Award Winners and their Eligible family members travelling against Economy Class tickets on Air India domestic network, are entitled for an upgrade at the Boarding Gate, subject to availability of seats in Business
The family members eligible for an upgrade are as under:-
A) Award Winner and Spouse
B) Parents and Surviving Widows (Posthumous Awardee)
Decorations in the Order of Precedence:
Gallantry in the Face of Enemy
Param Vir Chakra
Maha Vir Chakra
Gallantry Other than in the Face of Enemy
Terms and Conditions:
- Upgrade would be applicable after honouring the Get Upfront Offer / FFP Upgradation requests.
- Upgrade would be based on the presentation of proof by the Holder at the check in counter – the details of which would be entered in the DCS System.
- Spouse and Parents must present Dependent Card or a relevant Document issued by the authorities certifying their relationship with the Award Winner.
- During Upgrade – Decorations in the Order of Precedence will be observed.
- Upgrade can be undertaken only at the Boarding Gate.
- Lounge facility would not be applicable.
- Mileage points of the original booked class would be applicable.
- The seat stubs (which already have a security stamp) will be appropriately marked with the change in seat number for the information of the Cabin Crew. Alternatively, New boarding pass will be issued to all upgraded passengers and old seat stubs (which
already have a security stamp) will be attached to the newly issued boarding pass.
- Once passengers have been upgraded, they will not be downgraded en-route. Stations effecting the upgrading would need to ascertain the availability of an Business Class seat up to the passenger's destination (in case of hopping flights).
- The same is applicable only for Gallantry Award Winners. Flying Returns members travelling on redemption tickets are also included.
- There will be no firm upgrades.
- The Baggage Allowance would be as per the Class of Travel mentioned on the passenger's ticket.